How to Optimize Travel Portal / Reservation System on Google, Yahoo and Bing
Let’s focus on SEO on travel software / travel portal. Search engine optimization is changing the traditional sales methods of travel packages. Having robust travel software in place, is half of the job done. Now this should be optimized for the search engines. Considering that the travel portal will get the top slot for not critical keywords is not right as Google has changed the indexing algorithm. Now the whole optimization of travel agency software should be very carefully planned.
1. The process starts with keywords analysis. For any travel portal development project, it is common to pick up the generic keywords associated with travel industry. But competition is very high for those keywords. Its wise to start picking the keywords with medium or low competition to bring the results in quick time. A long tail keyword is always preferred. Put something like “air tickets to Dubai in July” or “beach travel Miami in Oct″. Try to create the contents for important cities including the photos and specific contents.
2. After the keywords are finalized for your travel website, start working on title, meta and keywords. These parameters provide the information to search engine about, what website is.
3. After that, optimized content should be placed with keyword density more than 2.5% to bring the best results on your travel booking system. Image tags and H1/H2 should be properly placed.
4. Gather information about the target audience. Design marketing strategy with a focus on them. Use social media profusely. Interact with potential customers and start discussions. Bring those clients on your travel website blog and let them write few comments for you.
5. Social media should be the aggressive part of your travel software SEO strategy. Make constructive use of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and so on. Post interactive and interesting videos in YouTube, with organic descriptions and positive keywords.
6. Address the target audience by writing relevant content. Your content must be providing valuable information your customers can use. Sharing interesting stories from your customers will lead to connecting your customers to your brand. A community where people interact, talk, share ideas may be formed too.
7. Have different strategies for each sector of your customers. People will come to have a sense of trust in you. Devise a loyalty program for your existing customers.
8. Buy ad space in major travel blogs and travel directories. Try guest posts to establish your authority in the field of travel.